I provide powerful defense representation to people charged with drug possession. I am skilled at challenging the prosecution’s case and protecting our client’s Constitutional rights. I represent individuals accused of drug possession throughout New Jersey.
Talk to a lawyer before talking to police or prosecutors
If you have been arrested or charged with possession of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or another illegal drug, it is extremely important to talk to an attorney immediately, before you make a statement or answer questions. Contact my office to arrange a consultation with me.
Defense against drug possession charges
Do not assume the prosecution has a strong case for drug possession charges. I will investigate every aspect of your case when fighting the charges against you:
- Were the drugs used as evidence against you gained through an illegal search and seizure?
- Was there probable cause for a traffic stop or search?
- If you were charged with possession with intent to distribute, the charge may have been based on possession of drug paraphernalia, a large amount of cash, or a scale. There is always the potential to have charges of intent to distribute reduced to simple possession.
- Was the marijuana, cocaine, hash, or heroin really in your possession?
- Were you read your Miranda rights as soon as you were arrested or did you not feel free to leave?
- Were the drugs found on your person when a police officer was patting you down for a weapon?
Answers to these questions may lead to dismissal of charges, a reduction to a lesser charge in a plea bargain, or winning a not-guilty verdict at trial.
Consequences of conviction for drug possession charges
Few clients defended by me for a first-offense charge of possession of a non-scheduled drug such as marijuana or hashish go to jail. Alternatives I may be able to arrange include admission to drug court, treatment programs, supervision, or conditional discharge. When a client is charged with a second offense, intent to distribute, or a school zone offense I will work to get charges reduced to a lower level.
I am prepared to handle cases involving possession or possession with intent to distribute marijuana, hash, cocaine, crack, heroin, meth, oxycontin, methadone, opiates, unauthorized prescription drugs, steroids, and other controlled substances. If your child has been charged with drug possession, I will determine whether the case should be handled as a juvenile offense or in criminal court. I handle cases at every level of the New Jersey Court System.
If you would like to speak with me, call 1-732-845-3203 or e-mail Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation.